Luxury Spa Packages in the Heart of African Bushveld
In days of yore, adventurous, spirited folk loved to explore and experience darkest Africa, so called because so much of the continent was as yet unexplored and unknown; people assumed that it was dark, uncivilised, and a place of mystery and danger. There we no such luxuries as spas in Africa, and no therapeutic body treatments. However, at the time, very little was known about the ancient Egyptians culture, their obsession with bathing, wearing wigs and make-up, and their habit of enjoying numerous beauty treatments and massage techniques, thousands of years before Westerners came to Africa to undertake safaris and journeys to explore the continent.
Zwahili’s Luxury Spa Treatments and Packages
Today, our exclusive 5-star wildlife resort, Zwahili Private Game Lodge & Spa, offers our guests a range of modern spa packages and treatments that incorporate the luxuriously relaxing and rejuvenating African elements, the best of two worlds in harmony. Guests at Zwahili may choose to book individual spa treatments as and when they choose, or we’ll design a package from our collection especially for you. Alternatively, on request, we’ll incorporate a package that includes your accommodation, game drives, selected other activities, and spa treatments. Our menu of spa spoils and pampering procedures for the mind, body, and soul includes the following:
- Spirit of Africa Massage – 60 sensational minutes of soul-surrendering full-body massage.
- Chungu (“strong” in Swahili) Massage – revitalising muscles and removing deep muscle tension by focusing on pressure points and relieving the tension within, during a 60-minute spa session.
- Royal Deluxe Hot Stone Journey – a 90-minute full-body massage and feast for the senses, fit for royalty, hydrating the skin and releasing blockages, incorporating warm natural African river pebbles.
- Hot Stone Touch – incorporates elements from the Royal Deluxe and Chungu treatments, but of 30 minutes’ duration for the back, neck, and shoulders only.
- Nishati Treat – 30 minutes of pure relaxation and an unwinding massage technique for back, neck, and shoulders.
- Essence of Africa Aromatherapy – enjoy gentle full-body massage for 60 minutes; a treat for the mind, body, and soul.
- Shemans Healing Reflexology – the ancient peoples recognised the pressure points in the feet and the benefits of pressure point foot massage, as do the expert therapists at our Zwahili spa, who focus on your feet for 30 minutes.
- African Goddess Head Massage – a blissful 30-minute nourishing and oxygenating massage of the scalp, neck, and face.
- African Footprint Ritual –little comes close to the beauty of well-tended feet and even less equates to how good one feels after a 45-minute African Footprint Ritual, which consists of a relaxing soak, a coarse salt scrub, and filing away dead skin cells and dry skin deposits, followed by a pressure point massage that rejuvenates feet – and a whole lot more.
- African Handprint Ritual – invigorates and rejuvenates every element of your hands. Receive an African scrub, restored and nourished cuticles, hydrated with a nourishing butter massage before being wrapped in special mitts that aid absorption of nutritive ingredients.
Luxury spa treatments in the midst of the Limpopo province’s Waterberg Bushveld, the location of Zwahili Private Game Lodge & Spa may be unexpected, but always met with surprise and delight by our guests who avail themselves of the luxuries at Zwahili, of which there are many. Luxury accommodation is the standard at Zwahili, be your selected accommodation in our main lodge, safari, executive, or presidential suites. There’s more good news. As from 11 January until 8 February 2018, we’re offering a half-price special rate for accommodation in all our guest suites at Zwahili – allowing you to spend more on your luxury spa packages, if you so choose. And who wouldn’t?